CoverGirl needed to do something out of the ordinary to inspire consumers and drive retail sales. In 2013 we convinced COVERGIRL to launch a new product collection inspired by The Hunger Games resulting in +400% sales increase and what Amazon called “the best utilization of platforms they’ve ever seen”
In 2015 we needed another marketing tent pole to be a catalyst for the brand in Q4. So we built on the proven success of Hunger Games, and turned to Star Wars, the #1 grossing film franchise in the world with a rabid fan base of 12MM women. CoverGirl would make motion picture history as the 1st brand to ever market Star Wars to the female fans.
P&G, L'OREAL, COVERGIRL
A very first global deal for P&G, we led the creation of limited edition products and 10 collectible mascaras.
To set COVERGIRL up for success we:
- Led the licensing of the franchise marks
- Earned credibility through Pat McGrath to create the looks
- Created organic buzz with influencers and beauty vloggers to make editorial video for every day looks
- Launched the campaign with a gatefold unit in the September issue of Vogue
- Exclusive product slide show and unboxing video on Allure.com
- 12+ beauty publications including: Allure, EW, Vanity Fair, People, Vogue, Elle and Harpers Bazaar
- 8 weeks of high impact Prime time TV
- Micro targeting of beauty & female Star Wars fans on digital sites like YouTube and IMDB
- Customized Amazon ecommerce experience